Once it was time for Halloween/Thanksgiving decor, I had to brush up on my crafting and make my own decor. I started last year with my Thanksgiving stuff, but really wanted to add some glam pumpkins that could go from early October through end of November. With foam pumpkins and spray paint I was able to make my own glam pumpkins. This week for Wordless Wednesday I posted about my fall decor in my house, and I promised a tutorial on making the glam pumpkins.
What you need to make glam pumpkins:
- foam pumpkins – I got the carveable pumpkins from Dollar Tree
- spray paint primer – I got Krylon White Indoor/Outdoor Primer
- metallic spray paint, 1 or many colors – I got Krylon Champagne Brushed, Sparkling Canyon Brushed and Gold Premium Foil Metallic
- self adhesive rhinestones – I got black rhinestones like these and these
- rubber gloves
- optional: decorative trim – I got this lace ruffle and adhered it with craft glue
- optional: face mask
How to glam your pumpkins:
- Make sure you have a super well ventilated area, and lay down either plastic or newspaper where you’ll be doing the painting.
- Prime the bottoms of each pumpkin first. Check the back of the paint you bought for how long it takes between coats.
- Once the bottom is dry according to the directions turn the pumpkins over and prime the rest of the pumpkins
- Once the primer is dry paint the bottoms of each pumpkin.
- Once the bottom is dry turn the pumpkins over and paint the rest of the pumpkins.
- You may have to do a 2nd coat of color.
- Wait about 24 hours and decorate each pumpkin with the adhesive rhinestones.
That’s all you need to get yourself some glam pumpkins for your home.