The Owner/Editor of Fashionably Organized is Candice who is a work at home mom to 3 beautiful children: “J” he’s 8, “E” he’s 6 and “A” she’s 3. Married to her Attorney husband, “R”.
Candice is a native of Los Angeles, except for when she attended the University of Arizona and received a degree in Creative Writing with a minor in Media Arts. As a very small child it became very evident to Candice’s family that she was an appreciator of all things fashion. Well into adulthood fashion and then beauty products became her #1 love. She’s been known to do personal shopping for friends and family.
Candice has been on the internet since 1997 where in college she had to learn how to create a webpage. The coding had her hooked, and then in 2004 in true Fashionista style she went on-line to find the chicest diaper bag as she was pregnant with her first child. This search not only led her to many chic diaper bags, but to the beginning of her “socializing” in media, and her career in Social Media.
Taking her love of crafting up a notch to DIY projects. Her father, who was always fixing and tinkering around the house, taught Candice from an early age how to fix it “yourself”. With his constant help and guidance she has made many different projects come to life, and happily restored a few pieces of furniture too. In later years it spurred her to share her projects on Fashionably Organized.
In 2009 she created Fashionably Organized to share her favorite products. It evolved over the years to a resource for the modern woman on a budget. Candice’s ultimate goal was to be the go-to girl for budget friendly chicness. Sharing her fashion, beauty, home decor and organizing tips on top of the products that make it happen have been a source of great joy.
Tying her love of Social Media and organization together she created a boutique virtual assistance and brand/site representation company called CB Media Solutions.
You can find Candice on:
- As managing editor [and social media coordinator] on Savvy Sassy Moms
- A member of the Lowe’s Creative Ideas Creators & Influencers Network
- Occasional guest poster on BabyCenter Momformation Blogger Network
Candice is currently a member of:
- Society of Socialpreneurs: Featured Blogger Candice of Fashionably Organized
- Naya Shoes: How Do You Naya? Candice Berneman Kahn of Fashionably Organized
- Craft Bloggers Network: Meet Featured Blogger Candice of Fashionably Organized
- Red Tricycle: Best Blogs for Los Angeles
- OvalEye: Fashionably Organized via the Virtual Road Trip in California
- In 2008 she was a contributing writer for Car & Caboodle, and a discussion leader on Moms Like Me - Los Angeles
- From April 2010 through August 2011 she was a contributor to Smartly So Cal, where she wrote essays, and was a fashion contributor on Rock On Mommies
- Was a member of T-Mobile T-Mobilizers
- From July 2011 through December 2011 Candice wrote for Kveller, a Jewish twist on parenting
- Co-creator of Birthing Hip Candice expanded her love of fashion and helping women by co-creating a place for women of all shapes and sizes to learn how to dress their bodies especially after children. This site is a collaborative site written by women of different styles and sizes. The hope was that with the help of her partner Kadi Prescott and the contributors they could help women love their bodies as they are.
Candice’s motto is: “a new lipstick always makes me feel better.”